Saturday, August 20, 2011

Taking a break


As you may have noticed, I've been a bit far removed from blogging here lately. It's for all good reasons, I assure you. I've been busy with work and visits to see family. The remaining time is spent with the most wonderful distraction imaginable.

I've met her parents and she's met mine. Last weekend we celebrated the one year anniversary of our first kiss and though there were many obstacles between the time that we met and the moment we were finally able to be together, we wouldn't be dissuaded and I'm happy about that.

We'll be leaving New Orleans this fall. It's time. I love New Orleans enough that it's brought me back three times and it was the place for me after the divorce as well as while I healed physically. It's time for something else now though, because it's not the right place for us at this particular moment.

We went shopping the other day and stocked up with the intention of keeping our refirgerator full until we leave. We made dinner together and it was nice to be back home after we'd been apart for over a week (while I was in Detroit and she was back in Texas). We went out for a little while in the evening to celebrate a friends birthday and headed home early enough to watch a movie before we slept.
This mixture of pedestrian and prolific is one that I've been trying to get right all my life. Now that I have, I have a deep instinct to keep it all in fine, working condition. That means less time for some other distractions, but none of them were as wonderful, as satisfying, as enriching as what I've traded it for.

No comments:

Post a Comment